Recorded: 4 July 2016
Released: 4 July 2016
Duration: 74 minutes, 44 seconds
Host Paul Carr welcomes panelists Adam Smith, Gita Jaisinghani, and Daniela De Paulis (our first completely non-American and majority female panel), to talk about the relationship between art and science, SETI, and METI.
- Encouragement to contribute to "Earthling's Quest" kickstarter.
- Daniela's work to unite art and science
- Confusion about art - should art be explained?
- Daniela has published papers about hert work.
- Visual Moonbounce
- STEM to STEAM
- Daniela's technical team
- METI and Breakthrough Messaging and the artist's role.
- METI as a human exercise
- Should we put our best foot forward in the ET message or tell the ugly truth?
- Is any advanced ET highly evolved? Do they have a violent past?
- DO we know that alien consciousness would be like ours?
- Advanced civilizations likely to be long lived.
- Is ET leaving us alone for a good reason?
- The terms in the Drake Equation and the fourth term in particular
- Martian life?
- Communicating with technological ET - is there a universal?
- Technological progress not correlated with language complexity
- Consciousness and SETI do we need to understand consciousness better?
- Past human conceptual revolutions
- Philosophers plugged into science and vice versa?
- Morality and science - are there questions science shouldn't ask?
- Resistance to science in the US
- The evolution of scientific ethics in recent generations
- The importance of ethics
- Human sex differences should be researched?
- There will always be ethics "cheaters."
- Recruiting, nagging, promoting
Daniela De Paulis
The Earthling's Quest Kickstarter
The Pioneer Plaque
The Drake Arecibo Message
The Day the Earth Stood Still
The Drake Equation
Wights on Game of Thrones
The Tuskeegee Syphilis Study
Host and Producer: Paul Carr
Panelists: Adam Smith, Gita Jaisinghani, Daniela De Paulis
Music: DJ Spooky
Hardware: Shure, ART, Focusrite, Apple
Software: Loopback, Reaper, OS X Yosemite