Recorded: 1 April 2016
Released: 3 April 2016
Duration:82 minutes, 12 seconds
Host James Garrison welcomes Mike Mongo, Mike Bohler, and Marsha Barnhart to talk about hoaxes.
Erratum: It was the Stanford Prison Experiment, not Berkeley.
- The Patterson Bigfoot footage
- Piltdown Man and the Cardiff giant
- P.T. Barnum
- The Sokal Hoax
- Anthropogenic Climate Change - who is being misleading?
- E-mail scams
- Martin Gardner's book "Fads and Fallacies in the Name of Science" on pseudoscience and furthering a political agenda
- Pseudoscience on YouTube
- Mike Mongo discusses a student's UFO experience - was he delusional? Marsha is not so sure.
- Some scientists are religious
- Giant spiders
- Flat Earthers
- Hollow moons? Nope.
- Martian caves.
- Johann Behringer hoaxed by his students.
- Project Alpha, Randi and Banachek
- Poetry hoax
- Art hoaxes
- Steve Allen's music hoaxes
- more discussion of the Sokal hoax.
- Cold Fusion
- Randi exposed Uri Geller who fooled scientists
- Stanford Prison Experiment
- Fitting in with preconceived notions
- Michael Cremo's cherry picking
- More on P.T. Barnum
- What is our current Freak Show? Donald Trump?
- The Microsoft Tweetbot
- Wrap Up and Recommendations
The Ern Malley Poetry Hoax
David Grigg: Fads and Fallacies in the Name of Science by Martin Gardner
Marsha Barnhart: practice discernment
Mike Mongo: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
James Garrison: Skeptic's Guide to Conspiracy
Host: James Garrison
Producer: Paul Carr
Music: DJ Spooky